Friday, February 26, 2010

There you have it, folks. Young love. Full of promise, full of hope, ignorant of reality...

Recently, I went with one of my best friends to go see Valentine's Day. To my surprise, after hearing several horrible reviews of the film, I was impressed with the storyline and enjoyed it. With a huge cast of A-list stars ranging from Julia Roberts to Ashton Kutcher to Jessica Biel, and everywhere in between, it was no surprise that the acting was top-notch. The movie consisted of several people dealing with Valentine's Day in their own way. They portrayed young love, awkward beginning stages of dating, being single on the magical day, cheating boyfriends, getting engaged, and possibly every scenario imaginable. It was romantic and funny without being corny, which for many romantic comedies tends to be a hard task. What I liked about the film was you could relate to at least one of the characters, which for me was a plus. My only disappointment throughout the film was when Bradley Cooper's character turned out to be gay. Although it was a good career move to be open to other roles other than his usual manly man, it was pretty upsetting for all of the girls in the theater who, like myself, are basically in love with him! From beginning to end I was entertained and although this movie is labeled a "chick flick" I think any guy would enjoy it as well. Who doesn't like a tangled web of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment