Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh No Bruno...

After viewing Borat, I was more than excited to see Bruno. Sasha Baren Cohen is back at it again fooling Americans, but this time by posing as an Austrian gay fashion tv show host Bruno. Although I LOVED Borat, I was not a huge fan of Bruno. It was a bit much and overly sexual. I never needed nor wanted to see a man have anal sex with a midget, but apparently Sasha thought that would be funny... I was so grossed out 5 minutes into the movie I debated on walking out, however I decided to give the movie a chance and continue watching... HUGE MISTAKE. I will admit there were a few funny scenes like Bruno adopting his African American baby by trading his iPod and then naming him O.J. (absolutely hysterical) but overall, it was a waste of time. It was not consistently funny, which was the downfall of the movie. It had it's moments of hilarity to the point of tears, but I would never have the desire to see it again. The character of Bruno could have been so hilarious however, Sasha went over the top sexually which for me ruined the movie. Roger Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars, which shocks me because I would probably give it a 2. I was really disappointed, after seeing the preview for the film I was expecting another great hit from Sasha Baren Cohen that would keep me laughing the entire time. However, this time he did not deliver. Thank God he is making a Borat 2! I'm sure he will make up for Bruno with this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment