Friday, April 30, 2010

One, two, Freddy's comin for you...

I have to say I am looking forward to the newest remake of Nightmare on Elm Street! I loved the original, not because it's scary, but more due to the fact it's one of the cheesiest horror films ever. Maybe it was due to the lack of special effects but I couldn't help but laugh the entire time. Especially Johnny Depp's death scene! The amount of blood spewed from his bed after he is sucked in his just ridiculous, which makes it hilarioussss, and the mothers response is priceless. All the deaths in all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies are hysterical. Yes I know, most people were terrified by the film, including my mother who to this day refuses to watch any horror movie because of the old school horror films of the 80's, but I just find them humurous. I feel the new movie may actually be scary because of the updated special effects. The plot line is really freaky but viewing the original for the first time in this day and age it's anything but scary. Although there have been some bad reviews for the newest film, I will probably end up seeing it because I love scary movies and worse case scenario it ends up being as corny and funny as the original. Either way, it's a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment