Friday, April 30, 2010

Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation...

Dodgeball, released in 2004, stars Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller as two gym owners who are in competition with one another. Ben stiller plays a crazy exercise obsessed gym buff, White Goodman, who wants to take over Peter Lefleur's (Vince Vaughn) gym and will if Peter doesn't come up with $50,000 fast! He and his friends enter a hardcore dodgeball tournament and of course ends up being in competition with Goodman's team. Although it was listed as the number 46 of 50 funniest comedies of all time, I was dissapointed with the comedy level of this movie. It had it's moments but overall it was a let down. Vaughn and Stiller have been known for starring in some really funny movies so maybe I had my expectations set too high. Either way I was let down and did not have the desire to purchase the film to add to my comedy collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment